Want a healthy desert or breakfast recipe to warm you up during the fall season? Here’s an easy recipe, chock-full of healthy fruit and nuts, that’ll serve a small army and goes great with a cup of coffee!
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 5 cups cored, peeled, and chopped apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-1/2 cups whole-grain flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 13″ x 9″ x 2″ baking pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 13″ x 9″ x 2″ baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, raisins, sugar, and walnuts or almonds, and mix them together well.
- Allow mixture to stand for 30 minutes. Then stir olive oil, vanilla, and egg into mixture.
- Sift flour, soda, and cinnamon together, then slowly stir into apple mixture, making sure it stays moist.
- Fold mixture into pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Makes 20 servings.
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn
- Calories: 164
- Protein: 3 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Carbs: 28 g
- Fat Total: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g