Chipotle-Glazed Roast Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
Here is a recipe that I got from a friend in the AM and whipped it up for dinner in the PM! While the kiddos thought it was a bit too spicy, Debbie and I both loved it and will definitely be adding it to our menu going forward. This is a really quick and easy recipe as well – give it a try the next time you are in the mood for something with a little kick!
- 4 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil and scatter on the bottom of a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chiles, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin and cinnamon to make a paste. Rub the paste evenly over each breast.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the sweet potatoes and roast until the chicken is just cooked through
- 6 servings
- Calories: 407
- Protein: 38g
- Carbs: 45g
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 6g
Recipe Source: Fitness Magazine
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn