Meatballs are a wonderful protein-packed snack recipe. In fact, this isn’t the first meatball recipe that I have shared with you… Check out Sagi’s Signature Meatballs which is straight out of the Body Beast’s “Book Of Beast”.
For this recipe, the addition of homemade BBQ sauce takes these meatballs from regular to extraordinary. You could actually use/re-use the BBQ sauce for either recipe!
Enjoy as a power snack or throw a couple on a pile of greens for a light meal.
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz ground cooked ham
- 12 oz ground raw pork
For BBQ sauce:
- 1/3 cup coconut crystals
- 2/3 cup organic, no-sugar-added ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl combine eggs, almond flour, flax meal, onion, coconut milk, Dijon, and pepper.
- Add ground ham and ground pork; mix well.
- Shape into 18 balls, using about 1/4 cup mixture for each ball.
- Place ham balls in a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
For BBQ sauce:
- In a bowl combine coconut crystals, ketchup, vinegar, and Dijon.
- Stir until the coconut crystals dissolve. Pour a spoonful over each ham ball.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes or until done.
- Transfer ham balls to a serving platter and enjoy!
Servings Per Recipe: 18
One meatball equals:
- 122 calories
- 9g protein
- 5g carbohydrate
- 7g fat
- 293mg sodium
- 1g fiber
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: email@example.com
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn