Most packaged dried fruits contain added cane sugar, but here’s a recipe for baked apple chips that uses only a touch of wholesome sweeteners and a sprinkle of cinnamon. No need for a dehydrator either, these tasty chips are made in the oven! Enjoy this as a delicious dessert or pack a bagful for an on-the-go snack.
- 6 apples (try Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
- 6 cups fruit-only juice (try pear juice)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Coconut Crystals
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Core and then thinly slice 6 apples (skins are fine!)
- Boil the apples for 5 minutes in a pot with the fruit juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Remove from the juice, pat dry and arrange the apple slices on a cooling rack placed on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, sea salt and coconut crystals.
- Place in the preheated oven for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from heat once crispy.
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- 114 calories
- 1g protein
- 30g carbohydrate
- 0g fat
- 60mg sodium
- 6g fiber
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: email@example.com
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn