Poppy seeds add a bit of flavor and texture to these low-fat muffins. Enjoy them at breakfast, try them as a post-workout snack or for dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon of finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup of refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup of cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons of coarse sugar (optional)
- Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. Set muffin cups aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, the poppy seeds, lemon peel, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In another medium bowl combine milk, egg product, and oil.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar.
- Bake in a 375° F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans.
- Serve warm.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- 159 calories
- 3g protein
- 25g carbohydrate
- 5g fat
- 1g fiber
Recipe Courtesy of bewell.10kaday.com
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn