With fall weather starting to creep in, soups and chili are starting to show up more in the rotation of meals and here’s another to add into your collection of recipes. The smoky chipotle peppers and a chili pepper spice mix add heat to this quick-fix chili. Serve it for dinner on busy weeknights.
- 8 ounces of lean boneless pork or boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion (1 large)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can of no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8-ounce can of no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen whole kernel corn
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into thin bite-size strips.
- Lightly coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add meat; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is brown.
- Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Carefully add oil to the hot pan.
- Cook onion and garlic in the hot oil for about 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chipotle, basil, oregano, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in frozen corn.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in meat. Heat through.
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- 355 calories
- 23g protein
- 43g carbohydrate
- 12g fat
- 4g fiber
Recipe Courtesy of bewell.10kaday.com
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn