Here is another recipe from the Ultimate Reset, which I went through last year. Almost every recipe that I had during that 3 week period was totally new and I will be honest, I wasn’t sure how I would like the beets in this one. While they still have a bit of an “earthy” taste, the combination of the other roots included here offset that with a recipe that we still cook at least once a week! The onions and sweet potatoes take on a caramelized flavor that make this dish a bit sweet and an awesome side dish.
Another great thing about this particular recipe is that it is super simple to prepare and you just toss it in the oven and serve when done.
- ¼ medium-sized yam or sweet potato, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ carrot, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ large beet, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ yellow onion, peeled and cut into large wedges
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, toss all ingredients together.
- Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, turning once or twice to prevent burning.
- Serves 1.
When spreading out the ingredients on the cookie sheet, ensure that they are all in a single layer as much as possible. If you need to use a second cookie sheet do it. Otherwise, having the veggies too close to each other will create excess steam and they won’t come out as crisp and could be a bit soggy.
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: email@example.com
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn