Santa Fe Chicken
Here is another simple a great tasting recipe that my good friend Troy introduced me to. This one has become a staple at our house, making an appearance at least every other week.
The super moist chicken just falls apart! The touch of mexican spice that accompany it fill the entire house with an aroma that is unmistakeable and has my mouth watering.
Served on a bed of brown rice and some avocado, this recipe is simply AWSOME!
Give it a try and let me know how you liked it.
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16oz salsa
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3 oz portions
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese(I don’t use the cheese)
- Combine beans, salsa, and oregano in 3 to 6 qt slow cooker.
- Top with chicken breasts and sprinkle with cumin.
- Stir cilantro into bean mixture.
- Cover and cook on high 3.5-4 hrs or 7-8 hrs on low.
Servings: 4 – per serving:
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: email@example.com
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn
- 271 cal
- 33g protein
- 20g carb
- 6g fiber
- 7.5g fat
- 4 g sat.