Here is a recipe for you that is really simple to prepare and people will think you spent weeks in culinary school to learn. If you take out the cheese, this is a great low-carb, low-fat meal meal that I know the entire family will enjoy!
I posted the same image you see in this post on my social media and everyone was begging for the recipe, so I thought I would share here as well.
If you need the carbs (we all need carbs BTW!), you can optional serve this recipe on a bed of rice or with sweet or white potato – both are great options!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium green bell pepper – thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onion – thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (OPTIONAL)
- Season both sides of chicken breast with oregano, salt, garlic powder and red pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil
- Add seasoned chicken – cook evenly turning after approximately 4-6 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet, keep warm.
- Add butter to skillet – if necessary use butter to scrape up the bit of seasoning from bottom (do not remove)
- Add peppers and onions and saute for roughly 5-6 minutes
- Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes under all vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken back to skillet, on top of vegetables and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Cover chicken and vegetables with cheese and remove from skillet.
- Cover and let stand for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted or place under broiler until cheese is melted.
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: email@example.com
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn