I know it’s been awhile since I sent out a check-in, my apologies for that – I am going to get back into doing these check-ins more often, at a minimum of twice per month.
For those that have been following me, know that I’ve started a new round of Body Beast along side a group of great friends and fellow coaches. We are calling it the “Year of the Beast”, since we all plan to compete in the Beachbody Classic competition next July. If you recall, I finished in the top 10 in this same event last month in Las Vegas. In 2015, the event will be in Nashville, TN – so a new venue and perhaps new competition. We are looking forward to the challenge ahead and the event next July!
No Bake Cookies
One of these delicious chocolate and nut butter cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth without wrecking your diet. My wife has made them on a few occasions recently and around here they don’t last very long!
Total Time: 10 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 25 cookies, 1 cookie per serving
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Body Beast – New Price!
Since we are talking about Body Beast, I thought I would also pass along that the program has been recently reduced in price. Previously, $89.85, it is now available for $39.90 – a $50 savings!
The reason for the change in price is likely due to some changes in the product’s guide, The Book of Beast, Sagi himself hinted at this in a recent chat with our Year of the Beast group.
This is a great program and now at a great price, which will likely go back up to the $89.85 price once the existing supply of stock is exhausted. If you want to take advantage, you can pick up a copy of this program here -> Buy Body Beast Now
PiYo – Final Days to Save
There are just a few days left in the month of July, which means that you are running out of time to get the new PiYo Challenge Pack at the promotional price of $140! The PiYo program is designed to get your strong and flexible using only body-weight resistance. If you have issues with high-impact programs, but still want to get a great total body transformation, PiYo might be a great program for you to explore further. Get all of the details about the program and the promotion here -> PiYo Special Launch Discount
7 Fat Loss Problems
The following is an excerpt from a Mike O’Hearn newsletter that I received and I thought it was very applicable to you all here and I wanted to share.
“Fat Loss Problem #1: Your Mind
Your mind is your number one ally when it comes to achieving your goals. However, until your mind has been programmed for success, it will do more to derail your efforts than to help you.
- Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself at your ideal weight. Imagine how it feels to look the way you’ve always wanted.
- Protect your mind from any negative self-talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it.
- You want to be thin and fit, and yet you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and attractive, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
- Give up the belief that you can’t achieve the body you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Fat Loss Problem #2: Your Fear
Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into shape. Until you conquer this fear, your weight loss efforts will be blocked by self-sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
Believe that something MUST change.
You can’t be wishy-washy about it. You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be rock solid.
Believe that YOU must change it.
You can’t pass the buck of responsibility and expect to lose weight. It’s on your shoulders. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss enough to make it your personal mission.
Believe you CAN change it.
You may have failed in the past, but that doesn’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. Do you believe that you are capable of losing weight? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
Fat Loss Problem #3: Your Excuses
Your excuses for being out-of-shape are getting old. An excuse takes less immediate effort than an action, but in the long run the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
- Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
- Focus on the big reason why you are losing the weight. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal, and read them first thing each morning.
- Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
Fat Loss Problem #4: Your Commitment
How many times have you tried to lose weight, only to give up a week or two later? We live in a commitment-phobic world, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose weight then your commitment to the process is a must.
- The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
- Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. Find three available 60-minute time slots in your schedule and mark them (in pen) on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
- If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
Fat Loss Problem #5: Your Diet
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then you’re weight loss efforts will all be in vain.
To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
- Don’t eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
Fat Loss Problem #6: Your Patience
It takes time to transform your body from fat to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
- Review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
- Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
- Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you the body you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by consistently exercising and eating right, plain and simple.
Fat Loss Problem #7: Your Support
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising alone is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results—don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.”
I’m looking for a few select leaders this month to help us change the world. If you want to do something truly fulfilling while you’re working on your own health & fitness AND earning a nice side income, go here now…
Are you passionate about fitness? Love sharing your knowledge with others?
I am looking for dependable and motivated individuals to join my Beachbody coaching team. Beachbody is a company that creates in-home fitness programs such as P90X, P90X2, Insanity, Focus T25, TurboFire and more.
Being a coach allows you to work with Beachbody customers, keeping them motivated, answer questions, and offer suggestions for new products and nutritional supplements that will help them achieve their fitness and health goals.
Being a coach is a great way to supplement your income while doing something you love.
Email or click below for more information about becoming a coach.
Let’s help others and pay it forward!
How many of you have/know someone that you think would benefit from being a part of this group? We all probably know SOMEONE that may be struggling with health and fitness.
Who do you know that has high cholesterol, blood pressure issues or blood sugar problems? Do you know someone that needs to lose weight, tone up or gain weight?
If you think you know someone, even if it is just one person, let me know and let’s get them plugged in. A little friendly competition is always beneficial to those involved.
Got a question?
I also wanted to make sure that everyone on my team is aware that I am here for YOU! If you have ANY questions related to health and fitness, don’t hesitate to contact me directly either on Facebook or via email (email@example.com). I am always willing to provide feedback and suggestions on ways that you can get the results that you are after.
And 2 favors that I ask:
1) If you like the hard work I put into writing my articles and videos, PLEASE help me out by sharing them. Click the share links below them and share them on FB, twitter, etc. It really helps me get more exposure and grow our team!
2) Also, as always, remember that the way I benefit from being your coach is that I earn a commission from any Beachbody products that you purchase, as long as you buy them through my site, www.yourfitnesspath.com, or by logging in to www.teambeachbody.com to do your shopping (If you buy from the plain beachbody site I get no credit). It helps with the amount of time I spend answering all your questions and helping you out.
Thank you! I really appreciate it!
Keep bringing it and inspiring others to do the same gang!!