Want a cheat snack that isn’t a cheat? Give this peanut butter protein pie recipe a try!
In the past, I have made protein pudding, which is super simple to prepare (basically everything mentioned below, minus the peanut butter and pie crust), tastes amazing and is a great guilt-free late night snack! I thought I would expand on that recipe and add in some carbs to make this an awesome post-workout snack!
The sugar content is a bit higher than I would probably suggest, but if you having this post workout that shouldn’t be a problem as you’ll want to replenish here. The majority of the sugar comes from the pie crust, so you can also find something that is a bit lower in sugar content as well.
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 9″ Pie crust – Cookie-type, prepared from recipe, graham cracker, baked
- 1 Package (3.5 oz) – Instant Pudding (sugar free) – Vanilla or Chocolate
- 1 Scoop – Whey or Casein Protein – Vanilla or Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp – Natural peanut butter (melted)
- 1 Tsp – chocolate sauce (optional)
- Microwave peanut butter until melted – 10-15 second intervals at a time.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package. (You can substitute Almond Milk here)
- Add 1 Scoop Protein and melted peanut butter.
- Pour into graham cracker crust.
- Cool in refrigerator.
Because I used both chocolate pudding and chocolate protein, you’ll notice that the color is different than the image above…
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!