Chicken breasts can be prepared and cooked in lots of different ways, but grilling is probably my favorite. The taste is unmatched. However, plain ole grilled chicken can get pretty monotonous unless you experiment with new recipes. There are times that my kids will rebel upon hearing that grilled chicken is on the dinner menu. Though, when this Honey Grilled Chicken recipe is being served, there isn’t a rebellion, they will actually cheer on occasion!
This recipe, when paired with some grilled veggies or a baked sweet potato is a great way to get well balanced, nutritious meal that everyone at the dinner table will enjoy.
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Green onions
- Pre-heat your grill. If using coals, heat until the coals turn gray and there are no longer strong flames, 35-45 minutes.
- Combine honey, mustard, lemon peel, soy sauce and garlic. Mix well.
- Reserve a few tablespoons of the sauce.
- Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Cook the chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Brush with the reserved sauce, and continue cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes per side, until chicken registers 170 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- 183 calories
- 28g protein
- 13g carbohydrate
- 2g fat
- 0g fiber
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!