Stir-fried chicken turns Cajun-spiced beans and rice into a satisfying one-bowl meal, ready in 20 minutes.
- 10 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 container ready-to-serve cooked brown rice (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lime wedges
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet cook and stir chicken, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Stir beans, rice, broth, cumin, and the 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper into chicken mixture in skillet.
- Heat through.
- Serve with lime wedges. If desired, sprinkle with additional cayenne pepper.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- 272 calories
- 25g protein
- 30g carbohydrate
- 5g fat
Recipe Courtesy of bewell.keepamericaactive.com
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!