Now you can quickly and easily make your own protein bars at home!
The key to delicious protein bars is in the quality of the protein that you use. And when it comes to high quality protein powder there’s one company that is head and shoulders above the rest…1st Phorm.
This no bake recipe takes high quality protein powder and combines it with wholesome, real food ingredients to create a delicious protein bar to power your day. Store these in your freezer, then simply allow to defrost for a few minutes before enjoying.
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- /4 cup coconut flour
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water (and more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium bowl combine the protein powder and coconut flour.
- In another medium bowl mash the bananas. Add the coconut milk, water and vanilla, mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. If the batter is dry then add a few more drops of water. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Line a freezer-safe plate with wax paper. Form the dough into 10 bars. Place on the wax paper and put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat (make your own by placing a small saucepan directly in a skillet that has few Tablespoons of water) melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and drizzle or dip in the melted dark chocolate. Return to the freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
Image/Recipe Courtesy of realhealthyrecipes.com
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- 283 calories
- 18g protein
- 11g carbohydrate
- 6g fat
- 99mg sodium
- 5g fiber
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!