Like the crunch of fried fish but don’t want the extra mess or prep-time? Try baking it with this dynamic mix of spices and breadcrumbs for a quick and appetizing dinner.
- 4 5-ounce of fresh or frozen white fish fillets, such as tilapia, cod or flounder
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon-style honey mustard
- 1/4 cup of whole-wheat panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of snipped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley sprigs (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil; set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange fish in a single layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Spread each fillet with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mustard.
- For topping, in a small bowl, stir together Panko, melted butter, snipped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle evenly over fish.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and topping is browned.
- If desired, garnish with parsley sprigs.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- 220 calories
- 29g protein
- 5g carbohydrate
- 8g fat
Recipe Courtesy of bewell.colorfulchoices.com
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!