In this healthy fettuccine Alfredo recipe, the sauce for this classic pasta dish gets a makeover, using yogurt. Although we like to toss this creamy pasta sauce with fettuccine, any whole-wheat pasta can be used. To up the protein level, top with grilled chicken!
- 8 ounces of whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 3/4 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the reserved pasta water and remove from heat.
- Whisk in yogurt, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the fettuccine and combine well.
- Serve topped with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan & garnish with parsley.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- 312 calories
- 18g protein
- 45g carbohydrate
- 8g fat
- 7g fiber
Recipe Courtesy of bewell.colorfulchoices.com
Want more recipes like this one?
Gourmet Nutrition is the cookbook that’s as friendly to your body as it is to your taste buds. It was created for fitness-minded person who puts a priority on nutrition without sacrificing great taste. It’s equally at home on your kitchen counter and your coffee table. Pick it up, read it through, and try it out – I know you’ll love it!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me hear your feedback – comment below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: email@example.com
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn