We have over 600 muscles in our bodies that help bind us together, hold us up, and help us move. Your muscles also need your constant attention, because the way you treat them on a daily basis determines whether they will wither or grow. Jeffrey Siegel illustrates how a good mix of sleep, nutrition and exercise keep your muscles as big and strong as possible.
Check out the video from the Ted Ed website below that does a fantastic job of explaining the process of muscle growth.
Long-Term Muscle Growth – Infographic
In order to induce muscle growth, your muscles need to be put under the stress of requiring to lift more weight than they are used to for normal everyday life. This is where resistance training comes in and ensures that you are doing just. Your muscles will respond to the demand that strength training exerts and grow accordingly. Consistently increasing the amount of demand/weight your muscles are asked to move will in turn require that they grow to meet that demand. A proper training program, nutrition and rest are also necessary to maximize results, more on that below.
Below is another way of looking at the question with respect to maintaining the muscle growth process.
Looking for a Muscle Growth Program?
We all want a great looking body. In order to achieve that, you likely need to add some muscle. Even if you main goal is weight loss, resistance training is something that you should incorporate into your schedule. This can be intimidating and overwhelming for many of you…Here are some common questions that come up:
- Which specific exercises should I be doing?
- There are numerous exercises that can be leveraged and it can be difficult to know to arrange them in a way that is beneficial to your overall goals. This problem goes away when you are following a program that is structured.
- How often should I train “X” body part?
- This will vary based on your current fitness level, but a program that implements a well-rounded training schedule will address this.
- Do I have to go to a gym?
- Definitely NOT! I have trained at home and gotten great results over the past 7 years.
- For women; Will resistance training make me bulky?
- NO! This is a common concern, but really it shouldn’t be one. Resistance training will actually give you the results you are after; a leaner, more defined physique that you are proud of.
- Do I need a lot of equipment to get started?
- That really depends… For the basic stuff, not much more than a set of dumbbells are necessary. As you get into more advanced training programs additional equipment may be required.
- Will I need a personal trainer or coach?
- “Need” – maybe…maybe not? A coach or personal trainer can be a great resource when you find a good one that really understands your needs and goals and provides guidance that is based on that. However, there are some that simply try to fit you into a program that simply isn’t right for you.
My Recommendations For Muscle Growth
You don’t have to be a bodybuilder to do Body Beast, you just need to make the decision to go for the body you’ve always wanted. Sagi takes care of the rest. He lays it all out for you in 12 muscle-chiseling workouts, plus his own exclusive Body Beast eating plan. All you need is some space in your living room, limited equipment, and about 45 minutes a day. You’ll not only build muscle, you’ll burn fat. Studies show that serious strength training can turbocharge weight loss and transform your body to lean, rock-hard, and super-defined.
Body Beast isn’t just for guys. Women all across the country are leaning up, toning up, and turning heads as they sculpt new, sexy bodies with help from Body Beast.
Get Started Today!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!