Don’t wait for a defining moment — like a special holiday or milestone birthday — to embrace change. Every once in a while, you need to step back and look at yourself from a whole new perspective to analyze who you are and where you want to be.
- Do alter your current way of thinking. Are you happy with your job? Relationships? How do you feel about yourself? Where do you want to be in 6 months? In a year? Don’t wait to make changes. Start now and commit to seeing them through.
- Don’t make big changes all at once. Sometimes the bigger the mountain, the harder — and more overwhelming — it can be to climb. Take small steps at first, and conquer one before moving on to the next. Get rid of old baggage and welcome fresh ideas.
- Do realize there will be a transition period. Change doesn’t happen overnight. You may need to wait to see results, but with patience you’ll reap big rewards.
- Do take time to reflect. Review the changes you’ve made regularly, then reassess your goals and continue on your path of discovery.
Establishing Healthy Habits
Old habits may seem hard to shake, but they can be replaced by new ones. If you’re aspiring to a healthy overhaul, these tips can help:
- Prepare for success. Schedule your workout — make them a priority. Stock your kitchen with a variety of nutritious foods. Realize occasional setbacks are a normal part of the process. Establish a support system to discuss your victories and challenges; collaborate with others looking to make healthy changes.
- Keep things interesting. Build in motivation to move more or eat healthier. There are numerous paths to explore: Join a recreational sports league. Start a walking group. Adopt a puppy to walk with. Take up gardening. Sign up for healthy cooking classes and try new recipes at home.
- Focus on the right-now advantages. Moving toward fitness? Zero in on the “feel-good” boost that comes with breaking a sweat, the mood elevation, and the stress-relieving benefits. If you’re looking to eat healthier, savor the juicy sweetness of fresh strawberries, and the satisfying crunch of a spinach salad. Notice how much better you feel when you eat foods that nourish your body.
- Believe in yourself. The benefits of positive self-talk can be profound, equipping you with the confidence you need to keep moving forward. It’s never too late to learn a new skill; you can establish new habits for a lifetime of well-being.
Need Some Help?
Don’t know where to start when it comes to exercise or nutrition? That’s where I come in. It’s my passion to make exercise and nutrition a regular and enjoyable part of your life. I’d like to see you enjoy all of the healthy rewards of being fit.
In a few months I’ll be offering a super sweet deal to join my online coaching program. If you’re looking for a clear, simple, and effective fitness and nutrition plan that doesn’t require you to “diet”, do endless amounts of cardio, and teaches you how to solve common problems like emotional and night time overeating – then this may be a good fit for you. Simply click here to learn more about coaching.
Join the Conversation!
What are some ways that you have been able to make positive changes in your life? Share in the comment section below!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!
Email Me: email@example.com
Connect on Facebook: fb.com/coachcoburn