A lot of people ask me about my nutrition and what has worked well for me. I tend to eat the same foods each and every day, with the exception of dinners. Below you’ll find a sample of what my typical 1900 calorie diet consists of.
( 1981 cals = 183 protein / 154 carbs / 58 fat ) (39% protein, 33% carbs, 28% fats)
- Shakeology (1 scoop Shakeology, 1 scoop ON 100% Gold Standard Whey, 1 tbsp Naturally More peanut butter, Skim Milk 4 0z) = 350 cals – 50 p/32c/2f
- Apple Raisin Coffee Cake = 164 cals – 3p/28c/5f
- Raw Almonds = 160 cals – 6p/6c/14f
- Baby Carrots = 60 cals – 1p/8c/0f
- String Cheese = 80 cals – 7p/0c/5f
- Fuji Apple (medium) = 65 cals – 1p/17c/0f
- Deli Turkey = 136 cals – 24p/4c/2
- Premier Nutrition Protein Bar – Double Chocolate Crunch = 280 cals – 30p/23c/7f
- Protein Shake (1.5 scoops ON 100% Gold Standard Whey, 1 tbsp Naturally More peanut butter, Skim Milk 4 0z) = 425 cals – 45p/15c/10f
- Cream of Broccoli Soup (p90X2 Nutrition Guide) = 261 cals – 16p/21c/13f
Dinners were generally always a bit different, but I always included my Protein Shake with what ever else was being served that evening. The key, though, is to learn how to TRACK YOUR NUTRITION so that you can make changes to the diet and yet still hit the daily target %. I use myfitnesspal.com, which also has a mobile app for when you are on the go.
Of course there were MANY other things I ate during the 90 days, but the above would cover over 90% of what I ate as a default daily diet. My dinners were usually included a lean meat (chicken, fish, turkey, etc.) and veggies.
I tried to keep bread and rice to a minimum since they pack so many carbs. They are HEALTHY carbs, so you can use them if you want, but be sure you are tracking it so that you know how much you are getting and to be sure it doesn’t blow your fat shredder %.
When I ate out, I always looked for green salad with grilled chicken, or steamed veggies with either chicken or fish. Dressings, butter, and bread will KILL your diet. Avoid them like the plague!!!
Need a Coach?
If you need to find someone that will hold you accountable, answer your questions, help you, and PUSH YOU for the entire duration of your workout! Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. If you don’t have a coach yet and want one, I’d love to be your coach and help you through a fitness program. I am available to help you reach your goals!